Thai students love to interact with foreigners. Short-term teams generate an excitement at The Centre that is very special. Having teams with us helps keep ministry fresh and effective.
We can assist in finding convenient accommodations near The Centre, help you understand things like the local transport, food, etc, and generally get you up and running as far as you need.
What to expect
Depending on the length of stay…
- teaching English to Thai university students
- Building relationships with these students through games, conversation, going out for meals, being salt and light for the purpose of sharing the love of Jesus with them
- Building on what the long-term staff are doing
- Helping with an English Camp (weekend away) if one is held while you’re here
What you will need
- Passport (you will receive a 30 day tourist visa when you enter through Thai customs)
- Up-to-date Tetanus shots, Hepatitis A and B shots (please consult your physician before coming to Thailand)
- A copy of your highest education qualification certificate (and of your qualification in TESOL/TEFL if you have one)
- VERY modest but cool, cotton clothing for a tropical climate
- A sense of adventure
Those coming for 1-4 weeks should budget about 22-30 US dollars per day per person (this is just an estimate; depending on your needs and desires, costs will fluctuate). This will cover food, housing, Visa and immigration fees, and more. Please contact The Centre as you plan the trip and we can help set a budget for you that is reasonable.
To receive more information about serving with The Centre, please visit our Contact Us page to send in inquiry.
If you are interested in applying to serve with us here in Thailand, please visit our Downloads page to download an application.